1)      What is SRES & ASA?

SRES stands for Seniors Real Estate Specialist. ASA stands for Accredited Seniors Agent. These special designations give us knowledge to help understand and support the moving needs of senior citizens. Check the Qualifications page for more information.


2)      Why should I use Seniors’ Next Move? Why not another Realtor?

We take additional steps and initiative in order to make your transition go as smoothly as possible. We don’t just meet your real estate needs; we care about helping you get ready to make the transition, and helping you with all the stressful steps required when moving.

3)      What can I expect from Seniors’ Next Move that another company won’t give me?

We can assist you from the beginning by giving you assistance to prepare your property to list, assist with downsizing your belongings, to repairs to your home, to helping with packers & movers to helping you to settle into your new home along with listing and selling your home.

4)      Do you only help with buying and selling?

No! We can help you with the entire process of relocation. Many seniors have lived in the same location for many years, and so they have a lot of emotional ties to their property. We recognize that and part of our Transition Process is to counsel and guide our clients and help them take the next steps in their lives.

5)      Moving can be difficult and there are so many steps. Where do I begin?

The first step with Seniors’ Next Move is a free initial consultation. Here we can assess and help you decide what help and assistance you need. Check our Initial Consultation page for more information.

6)      I want to help my parent or loved one move when they have sold their home but I can’t do it alone. How can you help?

Seniors’ Next Move can help you map out a plan for your parent’s move. We can assist with organizing and coordinating other services other than real estate in order to facilitate the relocation. 

7)      I live in a different city and I want to help my parent move. Can I use Seniors’ Next Move?

We can coordinate from a distance just as easily as if you were present. Communication is important to us, and so we will use several means of correspondence to ensure that you are involved in your parent’s move. We will coordinate with our clients and make sure all associated parties are involved in the decision making.

8)      What if I want to do some of the steps myself?

We are flexible in the services we provide and refer, and in our initial consultation we can discuss what services you require. 

9)      What other services do you use or refer?

With many years of success in a Real Estate career, we have compiled a long list of trusted services and professionals. We can help you find a new location to live, whether it is a condo, bungalow, Retirement Community, or Assisted Living Facility. We will also be able to refer you to professionals related to the Transition process such as Estate Lawyers, Tax Accountants, and Financial Planners. Finally, to spruce up your home and increase the potential to sell, we can locate home services such as painters, landscapers, and handymen.

10)    How long does the whole process take?

Relocation is a delicate process. For this reason, we want to make sure our clients are emotionally ready to move. The easier it is for you to make decisions regarding the transition to a new home the quicker the process will be.


The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.